Robins confirmed as Barnsley boss

0
Mark Robins
Robins replaces Simon Davey at Oakwell

Barnsley have appointed Mark Robins as their new manager after reaching a compensation deal with Rotherham.

The 39-year-old was placed on gardening leave by the Millers last week after expressing his desire to speak to the Championship club.

The move has now been completed after the two clubs settled on a figure to secure Robins' release from Rotherham.

"This is a job I am relishing and looking forward to," Robins told the club website.

He added: "I am delighted to be here after a protracted few days and I can now start my job.

"I know one or two of the squad here from my playing days and I am really looking forward to working with them. Hopefully we can hit the ground running.

"We have to get points on the board quickly. We are playing catch up and our season starts now," he said.

Robins takes his backroom staff of John Breckin, Steve Taylor and Nick Daws with him to Oakwell.

He replaces Simon Davey, who left the Tykes on 29 August after they took just one point from their first five Championship matches.

Robins took over at Rotherham, who are top of League Two on goal difference, in March 2007.


Source
Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)