Header Ads Widget

Williams wants to work with Take That

Robbie Williams has revealed he would like to work with Take That once he has finished promoting his new album .RTÉ.ie Entertainment: Robbie Williams - his 'Rudebox' album has struggled

Robbie Williams - his 'Rudebox' album has struggled

Speaking on BBC Radio 1, the singer also said he had recently met former bandmate Gary Barlow and watched a Take That show with him.

He told DJ Chris Moyles: "I'm excited about it, though - maybe doing something with the lads. I was with Gary a few weeks ago and we watched the whole show at mine and I just thought it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Advertisement

"It was an absolutely amazing show. Loved it. It made me want to be with them - in the band. It's a bit like: 'How do they top this? Hang on, how do I top that?'"

Williams new album, titled Rudebox, has struggled commercially and he added: "The perception has been that the lads have done really well - 'What's the other fella doing? I'll bet he's dying looking at these lot'.

"I thought I'd actually like to go and do something and the perception was such that it was like: 'Oh look, he's had to get up with these now, now that Rudebox has failed.'

"I thought I'd just wait off a little bit and get my album out and then I can go and play with my mates."

Williams also unveiled his new single 'Bodies' on the show.

Speaking about the song, he said: "It's a grower, man - no it's instant.....I think it's instant, otherwise it's a two-player."


Source

Post a Comment

0 Comments